5 Benefits of using a Freelance HR Consultant
For many small businesses the most important thing to you and your success will be your team. Human Resources (HR) has changed a lot over the last few years and with the ever growing presence of social media, mental health awareness and other influencing factors such as the outbreak of coronavirus, it has never been more important to make sure that you have a solid plan in place for all of your employees. This is not an easy thing to do, and as well as juggling a business, HR is often the first thing that falls short within many businesses.
Therefore, it may come as a surprise that many people have not considered using a Freelance HR Consultant.
We want to show you the FIVE KEY BENEFITS that we believe will transform your business and the way you work on a daily basis.
1. SAVE MONEY First and for most, outsourcing your HR is probably the single, easiest way to save money. Instead of hiring a HR Director on a full-term basis you can use a HR Consultant on an as-needed basis. This is particularly beneficial if you do not have a HR department. These services can be engaged on an hourly or ad-hoc basis or hired on a retainer or contract basis to fill interim or long-term HR management positions.
2. ENHANCE YOUR CURRENT HR If you already have in-house HR, you may find that one person is not enough. By bringing in an external freelance HR Consultant you can grow your team and give your already existing HR some support with very little risk and ensure that all your needs are met.
3. INTRODUCE DYNAMISM & EXPERIENCE The very nature of Freelance HR consultants means that they will have experienced a whole host of different scenarios and outcomes in the workplace environment. With this knowledge your business stands to benefit from a perspective that otherwise may not have been gained. Freelance HR Consultants are used to chopping and changing and this stands them in very good steed for anything that may arise within your company. They are quick to adapt and used to learning about new clients and businesses on a daily, monthly or weekly basis.
4. A FRESH SET OF EYES Often an employer and their employees will be used to a certain company culture. By outsourcing your HR, you are enabling a fresh set of eyes to come into the business and find new ways of doing things. An external HR consultant can offer objective, unbiased opinions and are able to share with you other business stories, success and ideas.
5. FREE UP TIME Time (or lack of) is often one of the hardest things a business owner will have to face. From on-boarding new staff, to training, recruitment, mental health awareness, wellbeing of staff, updating contracts, health and safety and risk management, using a HR consultant can help with all aspects of running a business. Is this really something that you can afford not to have when time is so scarce?
We hope you find this blog informative and helpful and if you would like to find out more about the services Whitcombe HR can offer then please check out the ‘Services’ page of our website, email email@example.com or call 07534 359255.